Summer Learning 2020
Registration for Summer 2020 is now closed.
New Westminster Summer Learning is open to both youth and adults.
Classes run from July 6th to August 7th (with the exception of Literacy and Numeracy Foundations classes, which are only three weeks long).
Courses will be offered as a mix of remote learning and in-class instruction. Details coming soon with the exact schedules.
Summer Learning 2020 Feature:
- Is your grade 7-9 child struggling with the core concepts in math or English? Check out the Foundations of Numeracy and Literacy info sheet to learn about how these classes could help set them for greater success.
Are you an adult looking for English Language Learning classes? Click here.
For the safety and convenience of our students and parents, this year Summer Learning registrations will be processed online. Please fill out the appropriate registration form available among the options below.
- Adult Registration Form
- In-District Youth Registration Form (students born later than July 1, 2001 are considered youth)
- Out-of-District Youth Registration Form (students born later than July 1, 2001 are considered youth)
Forms must be completed and submitted to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org along with all documentation required to complete registration.
See Registration Information for detailed instructions.
You will be emailed a confirmation of your class(es) and your schedule. Due to the large number of registrations, please allow 1-2 business days for processing.
Important Registration Information:
- NWSS students must have their registration form signed by parent/guardian and courses approved by their school counsellor to ensure proper course selection.
- Out-of-district students must have their form signed by a parent/guardian and submit a signed letter (on school letterhead) or email (with school signature) from school counsellor/administrator along with the required documentation.
- To avoid delays with your registration, please be sure to include all required documentation in your registration email.
- This registration is for morning or afternoon classes only. If you are looking for an evening class, we will have evening classes available through our Pearson Adult Learning Centre in the new school year (September).
Course Fees and Refunds
See our Course Fees and Refunds information.
Attending Summer Learning classes is mandatory and is crucial for student success. Students are expected to arrive on time every day, and be prepared to work and participate fully in class. Given the rapid and condensed pace of Summer Learning, extended absences for any reason are not accommodated. These include, but are not limited to: work, vacations, sporting events, games/practices, or family commitments. Students missing 2 days may be withdrawn.
One of our friendly secretaries would be happy to help!
Please call (604) 517-6286 or email us at email@example.com.